Table of Contents
If you’re new to the world of bodybuilding, then you may have heard about post cycle therapy (PCT) but don’t know what it is. PCT is a vital part of any steroid cycle, and it’s important to understand what it entails so you can prepare for it. In this blog post, we’ll discuss what PCT is, what you can expect during and after PCT, and how to make sure you’re taking care of your body during this time. Keep reading for more information!
What is Post Cycle Therapy?
Post cycle therapy, or PCT as it’s more frequently referred to as, is a process of care and recovery that occurs after the steroid cycle is complete. Many people choose to take steroids for some time before adding PCT into the mix. However, some individuals don’t need post cycle therapy at all because they are only supplementing their natural testosterone levels. PCT can be done in two different phases. The first phase goes immediately after the steroid cycle is complete, and it should last anywhere from four to six weeks. After phase one, individuals have a choice between phase two or continuing with no PCT at all. This second round of PCT is called an “extended PCT” and lasts up to eight weeks.
Post cycle therapy is designed specifically for those who’ve had steroid use in mind during their cycle of anabolic steroids. Individuals who are new to the world of bodybuilding may wonder why they need PCT at all if they’re not using anabolic steroids; however, it’s important to realize that just about anyone who supplements their testosterone levels is at risk for the side effects of anabolic steroids. PCT helps to combat these side effects, and it can also help you build muscle more quickly than if you were not supplementing your natural testosterone levels.
What Happens During Post Cycle Therapy?
When you complete a cycle of anabolic steroids, you’re putting a lot of strain on your body. During phase one, which happens immediately after the steroid cycle is complete, recovery is the number one priority. The first round of PCT centers more around recovery than any other aspect. Physicians usually prescribe exercises like walking and stretching to help ease muscle soreness and aches. If the individual chooses to take PCT phase two, which is an “extended PCT”, then they will need to focus more on building muscle again.
What to Expect During Post Cycle Therapy?
It’s important that you know what to expect during post cycle therapy so you can be prepared for it emotionally and physically. The first thing you can expect is extreme fatigue. After taking steroids for a prolonged period of time, your body is going to be tired and worn out. You’ll likely sleep longer hours than usual because you need it.
You’re also going to experience increased joint pain during the initial phases of PCT. Often times this pain occurs in the knees, but it can also occur in the elbows and other areas of the body.
What’s going on?
When you take anabolic steroids, your body stops producing testosterone naturally. After a few weeks, your natural testosterone levels will decrease to almost nothing. Your joints are used to bearing a larger amount of weight when you have more testosterone in your system. When this natural testosterone is gone, your joints feel weaker because they aren’t used to bearing less weight. This increase in joint pain eventually goes away as the PCT process continues.
You’ll also experience muscle loss during the initial phases of post cycle therapy. With no more anabolic steroids running through your veins, it’s important that you’re still eating well and keeping your muscles nourished. Eating protein rich foods, like eggs and lean chicken breast can help you keep your muscle growth going strong even when you’re not supplementing your testosterone. Don’t forget to work out! This doesn’t mean that you should do hours of weight training every single day, but it’s important that you stay active and maintain some level of physical activity.
What are the Benefits of PCT?
The biggest benefit of post cycle therapy is that it helps the body recover from the damage caused by anabolic steroids. Anabolic steroid use can cause a lot of strain on your internal organs, especially your kidneys and liver. This is where PCT comes in handy because it allows for these organs to recover faster. It also helps minimize the damage done by anabolic steroid use which can potentially save you from future complications down the road.
Another benefit to using PCT is that it helps reduce or even eliminate side effects like:
- Gynecomastia (increased breast tissue in males)
- Testicle shrinking (temporary)
- Loss of libido
While all these may sound like terrible things, they’re nothing compared to the damage anabolic steroids themselves can do. Reduced side effects help make the transition back to normal easier, while also helping you continue to build muscle after your cycle is over.
How Long Does it Take to Recover from PCT?
Recovery time for post cycle therapy will vary on an individual basis. It’s possible that some individuals may need 4-6 weeks before they’re completely done with the recovery process. Other individuals may need 8-10 weeks before they’re fully recovered from anabolic steroid use. It really depends on how long you’ve been taking anabolic steroids and whether or not you experienced any complications that needed to be healed during PCT.
In some cases, individuals who have been taking anabolic steroids for a significantly long period of time may never fully recover. This is why it’s important to limit the amount of steroid use you have within a specific timeframe. Individuals who are mostly drug-free will be able to heal much faster than those who spend years abusing steroids.
Natural PCT After Steroids
If you’re interested in natural post cycle therapy after anabolic steroid use, this is something you should definitely look into. There are many benefits to keeping your testosterone levels high, but it’s important that you don’t overdo it because this can be equally bad for your body (if not worse).
It’s recommended that men keep their testosterone levels between 600 ng/dL and 1000 ng/dL (nanograms per deciliter) before supplementing with testosterone. This is the perfect balance for your muscle building goals, but it will keep you from experiencing any of the negative side effects that come with high levels of testosterone supplementation.
Natural post cycle therapy takes more time than artificial PCT after anabolic steroids. That’s because once you stop supplementing with testosterone, your body will take some time to naturally restore its hormone levels back to normal. However, natural post cycle therapy has a minimal side effect risk, and it comes without any of the risks associated with liver and kidney damage.
Like we mentioned before, PCT isn’t necessary when you’re doing a natural steroid cycle. It’s only required after anabolic steroids have been used for a prolonged period of time. If you’re just doing a short steroid cycle, then there is no need for any type of PCT to be done afterwards.
If you are using anabolic steroids for a longer period of time, then PCT is recommended to help minimize the amount of damage done. If you’re going from a natural steroid cycle right into another one without taking any time off, then there will be an increased risk of liver and kidney damage or other related side effects.
When Should You Start PCT?
Typically, you should start PCT about 2 weeks after your last serving of anabolic steroids. From there you want to continue the process for another 4-6 weeks (for a total of 6-8 weeks). However, it can be harder to gauge this if you weren’t exactly sure on how long you were taking anabolic steroids for.
It’s recommended that you do not start your PCT until at least 2 weeks after the last time you used anabolic steroids. If this wasn’t possible for whatever reason, then it’s recommended to wait even longer (4-6 months).
What Should I Take for PCT After Steroids?
The main goal of PCT is to help your body restore testosterone levels back to normal. This means that the primary aspect of PCT should be to help bring your total testosterone and free testosterone (if possible) back up to where it was before you started taking anabolic steroids.
As for what you should take, there are many different options that you can choose from. We recommend that you look into the following options:
- Sustanon – This type of testosterone has a high level of androgenicity (male characteristics) and it’s typically injected every 2-3 days to help improve natural testosterone production.
- Nolvadex – This is a type of drug that is popular among steroid users because it helps suppress estrogen levels back down to normal after using anabolic steroids. It’s highly effective at doing this, but you do need to take it for at least 4-6 weeks to be able to notice any real results.
- L-Arginine, L-Carnitine, and Arimistane – Aromatase inhibitors are sometimes used in the post cycle therapy process after anabolic steroid use. They’re highly effective at decreasing levels of estrogen during this time because they prevent aromatase from working to convert testosterone into estrogen.
If you’re on a tighter budget, then there are some other options that you can use. However, if this isn’t an issue then we highly recommend looking into the products that we just mentioned because they will provide the optimal results along with minimal side effects.
When Should You Stop Post Cycle Therapy?
Once you’re done with post cycle therapy then you can stop taking the supplements that were recommended for PCT. This isn’t an exact time frame though, since everyone is different, and it depends on how your body responds to the medications you took during post cycle therapy.
Just remember that the longer you wait before starting another steroid cycle, the better it will be for your overall health and recovery process.
Post Cycle Therapy Review: Read what others have to say about the PCT after they’ve completed it.
- Colt Kyrie (November 8, 2021): Post Cycle Therapy is crucial to get your body back on track after a steroid cycle. I have been using this for over a year now and it’s one of the best products you can find. It helps restore your testosterone levels while also regulating your estrogen production. If you are using some products for muscle building, Post Cycle Therapy is a must-have!
- Preston Marcus (November 9, 2021): I was really concerned about using steroids because of the side effects they would have on my body. I didn’t want to experience any of the unpleasant and dangerous withdrawal symptoms that people warned me about. Fortunately, I found a great website that taught me what signs to look for and how to ease my way back into life. I’m glad I got this information because life is so much easier now.
- Jeffrey Wilkins (November 10, 2021): After using steroids for such a long time I decided to do post cycle therapy to help minimize the side effects and restore my body back to normal. I didn’t want to experience any of the problems that people often face with anabolic steroid use. I found that there are many quality products on the market that can help with post cycle therapy, and it really helped make my life easier.
- Holden Emilio (November 19, 2021): Post Cycle Therapy is essential if you are using anabolic steroids for bodybuilding. When I cycle on my steroid regimen, it helps reduce the side effects that I would otherwise have to deal with. It’s definitely worth the money and easy to find good products that will help you out even more after your steroid cycle is over.
- Remington Jeremy (November 21, 2021): I was looking for the best PCT options after my steroid cycle ended. I googled it and found a website that showed me what I needed to do to make the process as easy as possible. It made life after cycling much easier than what I expected and now I can take another cycle later on with ease.
- Bryce Mark (December 4, 2021): PCT is really needed when you’re on a steroid cycle. If I don’t do it then my body will go through some harsh side effects that are not good for anybody. Thankfully, the post cycle therapy products are really easy to use, and they work great at restoring my testosterone levels back to normal.
- Knox Israel (December 14, 2021): After taking steroids, you need to do PCT so that it can restore your hormones back to their natural state. I always take the supplements after my steroid cycle because I know what will happen if I don’t. It works well for me and has helped me save a lot of money that I would have spent on doctor’s visits otherwise.
- Caden Kenneth (January 5, 2022): Doing PCT especially after long cycles, is a must. I was looking for a really good product that could help manage my post cycle therapy and came across this steroid website that taught me everything I needed to know about it. It’s made my life easier and has improved the quality of my health overall.
- Kyler Hayes (January 10, 2022): I made the mistake of not doing PCT after my steroid cycle and experienced some bad side effects that lasted for a long time. So, I did research and found the best products out there that meet all your post cycle needs. It’s really effective and works great on restoring my testosterone levels back to normal.
- Beckham Javier (January 19, 2022): After taking anabolic steroids, you have to do post cycle therapy if you want to restore your hormones back to their natural state and feel much better overall. I looked for a good product that was effective and found a great website with quality reviews of these supplements so that I could pick the right one. I found that it’s really effective and has helped me restore my testosterone levels significantly.
Conclusion: Should We Really Need to Do Post Cycle Therapy?
If you are using anabolic steroids, then of course you need to do post cycle therapy if you want to restore your hormone levels back to their natural state. When someone does a steroid cycle, they usually have side effects that result in the body’s inability to produce testosterone on its own because it suppresses the body’s natural testosterone production mechanism. When this happens, the only way to restore your hormone levels back to normal is with post cycle therapy.